Squarely is a simple and (very) tiny script without database for your photo albums.
- First released in February 2007 under version 1.0.1
- Reloaded in February 2010 under version 1.5
How does it work
Smaller versions of your pictures (either *.bmp, *.gif, *.jpg or *.png) are created:
- a "S" (small) format to show the whole gallery at once
- a "M" (medium) format for the slideshow
Then pictures are displayed along with general information such as size or EXIF data.
Roadmap to version 2.0 :)
- white frames
- b/w conversion
- photo name and comments
- alternative js slideshow
- admin interface
- GD library
- and if you want EXIF library
Web browser requirements
Squarely should work for everybody, but don't hesitate to report a bug!
If you know how to upload a script to a server, you should have no big problem making this work:
- edit your settings in settings.php; if your page doesn't seem to update, you might need to empty your browser cache
- put your album folders in the 'albums' folder
- edit your album catalog (tab separated values): folder name; unix timestamp; album name